Thursday, February 25, 2010

I love Mac!


Today was a pretty good day...full, but good. I woke up and worked one of my jobs and after that I went and got my hair cut. It was in dyer need of a cut and it's a bit shorter than I would like, but it was a must to fix a previous haircut. While getting my hair done I was able to catch up with 2 good friends so who doesn't like that? I had her make me look good because I decided the since my drivers license is going to expire in a couple weeks I would just go looking hot for my picture...why didn't I think about this years ago? It's only logical to go after your hair is styled and looking good vs. waiting for your license to expire and having to go as fast as you can so you don't run the risk of getting a ticket (Mandy I know you are reading this and I saw your husband there at the DMV...I know you had an expired license since this summer! Shame on you ;)).
For Christmas I asked for make-up. Weird? Maybe, but totally practical since I needed a replenishment of product and I hadn't purchased any at this place for about 2 years...shame on me for that I know. So, for Christmas my mother included a bit of money for me to get what I wanted with it. I kept the cash in a drawer...if I put it anywhere else it would have been spent and I really wanted this makeup. Mac is the best makeup ever and it is my goal if I don't ever get in my field to be a Mac make-up artist. I think I will apply this week in fact. I took one of my good friends so she could become a mac girl...it's really the only way to go. We both got our makeup done to show us a new look. The girl was awesome, but I wouldn't expect less. I ended up spending more than my goal...I really did try to resist. I think I did ok, but maybe I really didn't need those fake lashes? I just have always wanted to try! We'll see if I can put them back on my eyes and if they start to feel better on them too. My eyes watered for a bit...was kinda funny.
I had to pay for parking at this mall and there was an idiot that helped me. As I was getting out my parking pass I noticed the sign on the desk that said something like cash payment is appreciated, but I didn't have any. I handed him my debit card. He swipes it and says..."it's taking longer than normal to be approved and when it usually takes this long it's denied."...then "Yup it's been denied." He said it really loud and there was a line behind me. I told him there was money in my account and to try again. He said "Do you want me to try it manually?...as if I was going to say no, obviously I wanted him to try whatever he could. Then it went through and I said don't scare me like that and some other things that made my friend laugh. When I deal with credit cards at any job I have always try twice before I tell someone they have been denied. He was an idiot.
My friend and I were starving afterwords and stopped to get a quick bite to eat. As we were leaving this kid asked my friend if we had any cigarettes. She said she didn't and as I was getting out my keys I said to her..."does it look like we want to get premature wrinkles?" I mean seriously dude, do we look like smokers? We are too classy for that. I don't even think he was old enough to buy them.
But, the comment that topped off the entire day was the ladies at the Mac counter who really thought I did my makeup well. What a compliment! :)

1 comment:

  1. I heart MAC in a big way!! That and Benefit makeup! My favorite eye shadow right now is a purple one called Satellite Dreams. It's hot! I think I need to go in and get my makeup done now. I've been wanting to try it and you've just convinced me!

    ReplyDelete