Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day to me

I went out with a friend for a late dinner last night. We haven't been able to hang out in a long time and oh how I adore this friend. She is one that I feel like when I get to hang out with her it's like we just pick up where we left off. I am lucky to be someone that has many friends that I have that same feeling with. I have many best friends and when I get those moments with the ones I love I just soak it up. This friend and I were talking about life and how our feelings on life have changed. I'm not sure I really loved myself as much as I should have in the past. I'm going to boast about myself for a bit. I'm quite the amazing person. I'm a great friend. I have many talents, and am working on more. I'm funny, caring, and I'm beautiful. I'm not in the spot where I would have wanted to be right now in my life...I'm getting old and I haven't started to live. I've learned through some really hard trials that things happen in this life, but we can choose how we take it. It's only me who determines my happiness. So today, being Valentines day and all, I'm going to say Happy Valentines day to me. Because I love myself.
The drawing above is a drawing I did for a class. We were asked to do a self portrait. I guess I was a little abstract in the way I didn't go about drawing myself, but I felt what I drew expressed me. The hand, started off as another image I found. I saw a picture of a hand with the same writing on it, but I drew my hand instead. I love hands. I think hands mean so much...being a creative person, I use my hands to create. Hands are also symbolic and hold great power in my faith. Hands just are beautiful and you can tell so much by a persons hands. But the words of love on the hand is just me wanting to love and be loved. The flower is my love for natures beauty and how beauty is simple. The building is the Chrysler building, my favorite piece of modern architecture. I have a love for the built environment as well.
I love me and I hope you love yourself too.
Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments:

  1. I love you too!! What a great post. It's easy to love everyone but yourself sometimes, isn't it?! I love the blog....it is fun to read! Good job, it looks professional already! And thanks for the tips on the TV ads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!!!! When did you start blogging?????Love you Rach! You really should come and visit us this summer, we would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this post. I love your artwork and I love you too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete