Saturday, February 13, 2010

"As Seen on TV"

I have to admit that I'm a sucker for products that are shown on TV. To me the ease and the outcome just fascinate me. I catch myself watching the success of the ones shown in the ad that I can't wait to try it. I don't just start busting out my credit card to order off the TV, but I wait...wait till it comes to our stores for an affordable price. So since I have some experience with some of these "as seen on TV" products I would like to give a product review and the following products.

Pedi Paws- "The incredible nail trimmer"for animals.

This product seemed like the answer for my dog who wont let anyone touch his feet. We have taken him to groomers and they have told us they will never let him come back. We have taken him to the vet and had him sedated in order to get the job done, but all isn't worth it to put him through that trauma anymore. So, when this product came out I knew it was a must try. I purchased it and well...it wasn't like the peaceful nail trimmer it claims to be. Buddy still freaked out and I had to put this wrap around his eyes and face. My idea behind this was like the vets do for horses. You know how they cover their eyes so they don't get spooked. I thought making sure his mouth was covered would make him not snip at us. Needless to say, I didn't keep this on him long and it wasn't worth the efforts to keep trying. My male dog will just have to file down his nails by walking on concrete.


ShamWow!- holds 12x it's weight in liquid
  • Easily removes cola, wine and pet stains

  • Doesn't drip, doesn't make a mess

  • Washes, dries, and polishes any surface

  • Won't scratch any surface

  • Machine washable and bleachable

  • Lasts ten years
I would say this isn't such a bad product. I don't think it leaves everything dry, but it does soak up the liquid pretty good and doesn't drip. Not as amazing as the commercial, but slightly better than a regular towel.

Bumpit- Big Happy Hair


After wanting to try this product for a good while a friend bought it for me. I was so excited I went home and straightened my hair so I could try it right away and look hot. I just didn't have the skills to use this bumpit...or it just wasn't so easy to use. Maybe my hair is just too thin? All I know is that this Bumpit is a fake and I don't like it. It never said only those with super thick hair can use it. I also am starting to notice those who use these products. No one wants to see the plastic piece stuck in your hair to create volume. I'm a fan of negative space, but not in your hair. Just sad...if you can see it...don't use it. You are just better off with flat hair. I have only tried it once and I do know others that really do like it.

Smooth Away-Easy, Safe & Painless Hair removal
Easy...yes, but it takes forever. Painless...could be if sensitive areas didn't break out. Safe...yeah I suppose so. The thing about this product is that it works best on fine hair and has to be a little long. 1 day of growth on your legs doesn't really get taken away by this product. I tried it on my arm and it just really smelt of burnt hair after. I'm just not a fan of this product, but I really did want to be. :(

Ped Egg- Foot file

I think this product is great. Sure you need to get a new one once in a while, but it's easy and does the job. :)
Sometimes my faith in "as seen on TV" products is rejuvenated, but I am sure not all will be what I expected.

5 comments:

  1. rachel, I'm so proud! Perfect! Is it fun yet?

    Now review some architecture, or design that really deserves some attention, good, bad or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will when I feel inspired to do so Benji.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i laughed SOOO hard when i saw the picture of buddy with his head all wrapped up. That cracks me up!
    i want to try your bump-it to see if it looks bad in my hair though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet product reviews!! I know now not to try the bump it or smooth away. I have the ped egg and I LOVE mine!! Good job. lovin your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of your woofie! To funny. I have the pedi-egg and I too, like it!

    ReplyDelete