Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pregnant Man

I was just looking through my email and for some reason I am being sent Momlogic emails. I have no clue how I started to get those emails since I am not a mother, but I haven't really minded them yet. They seem to have some interesting articles. This one article was about Thomas Beatie, we all know him as the former beauty queen turned man that is pregnant. He first started to appear in the media about 3 years ago. Him and his wife are expecting their 3rd child and he is exposing his pregnant belly for the world to see. Thomas is a transgender living as a male, so if you have not been exposed to him yet...he still has his woman parts and is still able to have babies.
Anyway, this post is to not make fun or light of this family that is having babies. I guess I'm just confused about these pictures. Thomas lives as and looks like a male, but these pictures expose his upper half. He has had his breasts removed as you can tell from the flat look and the scar, but is that enough to make them male? These were woman boobies before and as far as I remember girls don't usually get exposed like that in photos for the world to see without it being inappropriate. I don't know why I am thinking of it like this, but I am. :(

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I thought the same thing!! We actually lived by them when we lived in Bend! Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGH! I don't know why they advertise this as the worlds first pregnant man.. She was a woman, is a woman, and always will be a woman... Just because she decides to mutilate her body doesn't make her a man. So.. If I cut off my boobs can I be a man too? I am totally with you that it's cool that they want to be a family and all but put your shirt back on and pretend to be a man in the privacy of your own home!! Sorry but I have always wanted to get this off my chest (no pun intended) LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...if he was really a man..he would not be able to have kids...just my two cents....therefore...he is still a SHE

    ReplyDelete