Thursday, April 1, 2010

Agent Rachel

I am obviously not doing my dream job and after an event a couple years ago and going through some hard times I am trying to find that dream again.  Anyway, I work a couple jobs and whore (sell plasma) a couple times a week too.  I'm doing what I have to do to get by.  Although I don't love love my jobs, today I had a very full and interesting day at work.  One of my jobs is to slave at a retail store.  I know slave is such an extreme word and really doesn't apply...I just wish they would pay me more.  This week they gave me full time hours which I didn't mind at all and since they could give more hours out this week they had during some periods a couple extra people which made it less stressful on us.  Normally I ring people up, tell them about all the savings they can get by having one of the stores cards...in hopes that they will sign up and I can look like I am doing a good job, and then get them on their way with a bag full of amazing things they saved a ton on.  Today I was helping out with fitting rooms, specifically the junior fitting rooms.  It truly breaks my heart when someone shop lifts because I know those kids have so much more potential.  Since this week in our area was spring break the youngster were out in hordes and making a mess.  The LP dude, loss preventions, walks around and does his thing and when he is on the hunt I sometimes don't know what to do with myself.  I am not an actor.  I cannot play poker to save my life (plus I don't really know all the rules and I would show excitement if I got one ace thinking I was about to win).  I just want to think everyone is honest too.  I was in the fitting room area and the LP guy comes and is doing his thing and I had things to do, but I was sticking around to see what was going to be going down.  Then later he came up to me and said I need you to put a head set on so while he is watching through the cameras he could tell me what to do if he was suspecting someone.  I was excited, but soon realized I was acting like a freak.  I came back to the area after helping someone out and I heard in my ear "check the junior fitting rooms".  I need to say that this frequency is used by tons and it took me a few seconds to realize he was talking to me.  I had picked up a clothing item off the floor and started to hang it up, but realizing something was or could be about to go down I just tossed the item, literally tossed it over a fixture, and got to the rooms to check it out.  Then when things were clear I realized how spastic I was.  When I was done he said "did you copy Rachel?"  I said they were clear, but I figured he was watching me in the cameras.  All in all it gave me more to do and kind of changed up the day.
Oh also, I got I think the equivalent of employee of the month there today.  I didn't even know what it was, but they explained to me all I got and it is quite great.  Great to be recognized and appreciated. :) I got $25, front row parking for a month, a stadium blanket, put in a drawing for a paid day off, some other small things.  So fun!  I don't mind some extra money :).
Tonight I also went and saw The Last Song with some friends.  Great movie.  I balled at a part, and when you see it I think you will know what part that is...also balled again remembering the part on the way out.  It's a sweet movie and I would say one of the better Nicolas Sparks movies, but not as good as the Notebook.  What could top that really?

1 comment:

  1. This story made me laugh so hard I had to stop walking the other day... remember? Haha... you're too funny lady. I'm proud of you. Congrats on the employee of the month, too. They are lucky to have you, darnit.

    ReplyDelete