Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sick of Whoring!

I whore, I get paid to sell my body.  I usually do it twice a week and probably make an extra $240 a month by doing it.  It was once worth the time and effort, but I'm sick of it.  It, meaning selling my plasma.  I just call it whoring because in a sense there is a similar definition.
I started selling my plasma this last summer when I moved back to Idaho from Virginia and was not finding any work.  It took me forever to get a job and so I did what I had to do to get by.  I am still trying to do what I have to do to get by and am grateful for the couple jobs I have, but selling plasma has taken me down.  I hate having to drive 30 minutes to the closest plasma center.  There is one coming closer to where I am living, but we'll see how I feel then.  The last 2 times I have gone I have been deferred.  You can get deferred for various reasons like hydration level, temperature, heart rate, protein level, bruises, and a ton of other reasons I'm sure like finding out you have been in jail or all of the sudden have track marks.  I have been deferred a few times now.  Usually my heart rate is the issue, but I guess my heart reveals stress or how I'm feeling not to mention that since I have failed before I know I have an issue and I get nervous!  Last time I had a bruise on my arm with a small red mark in the middle of it.  The bruise was old and the red mark was new, but it was suspected to be a possible injection site...even if he was kidding.  I got deferred by the nurse lady who had to come in for a second opinion and I seriously almost cried.  I was so mad at him because because he was a nark and I had been passed for way worse bruises.  I could feel my cheeks starting to shake as I was trying to leave and not talk to him anymore.  I know he felt so bad.  It was $40 that time!  I lost money!  To top it all off I had to sit and wait in a freezing waiting room because I carpooled with another broke friend.  The worker is a friend of mine at this place now.  Teases me all the time and I think he could see my cheeks shaking or tell I was all weird and different as I stormed out of the area we get asked questions.  He felt so bad he asked if he could make it up to me by taking me out to lunch.  We'll see, but it was a nice attempt to make me smile.  I'm not some cold hearted b-word...I was just mad I wasted my time.
Today is about 2 weeks later than that last time I went.  I was fortunate to be able to work more at my other jobs and with bad timing I couldn't make it to try to sell plasma.  I gave it another go today and was deferred again!  Heart rate, but still!  That guy called me back to do my screening and I refused to have him do it and all the workers laughed and I requested someone else.  He kept coming and bugging me in my booth though and my heart rate was all worked up or something.  I had to go sit down for another 15 minutes and got another try at the heart rate, but fail twice and you are out for the day.  I failed and it sucked.  Glad the friend I went with is a fast pumper...she rocks my time always, wait there was one time I beat her and I was totally stoked. 
I am totally butt hurt I have failed twice in a row, but I'll get over it...someday.
I really may miss all the characters I meet there though.  I just feel so classy when I leave.  Is that such a bad feeling to have? ;)

3 comments:

  1. "I just feel so classy when I leave".... haha. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your body is tired of whoring and that's why your heart rate goes up when you go in...you have a job now. Just say no pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!!!!!!!!Rachel... you crack me up! It's almost midnight and Im going to wake up my whole house with my hysterical laughter... Im broke too, Ive never donated plasma before. You need to tell me before you do it again, maybe I can come with?

    ReplyDelete