Friday, March 5, 2010

Good People Still Exist

Today I was working one of my jobs.  I help out a lady a couple days a week running errands, cleaning, and cooking for her.  She is a great lady and I really enjoy being around her.  Today I did some of her grocery shopping.  She had me get a couple of nice cooking sheets for baking cookies.  We got some nice ones that weren't cheap.  I put the groceries in my car and drove back to her house.  I like to try to get all the bags into the house with only one trip or I feel like I have failed.  I was able to do it all in one trip, but as soon as I set the bags down I realized I didn't bring in the cookie sheets.  They never made it to my car!  So I rush back to the store, check the cart area where I had put the cart and it wasn't there.  I went to the lady who checked me out to see if they were still there...she said she had to take them out to correct the discount, but she thought she put them back in and then directed me to the customer service counter.  There I had to wait in a long line.  About 4 people ahead of me I saw a lady turn in those baking sheets!  I looked at her as she walked away and thought how I am grateful how there are still honest people in this world.  I had to wait for at least 5 more minutes but seemed way longer to tell them I left without baking sheets and I was able to get them back.  I don't know what I would have done had that lady not turned them in.  Just saved me a lot of hassle and stress and I appreciate her and people like her.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to know that there are some people who look out for those around them. Pay it forward Rach.

    ReplyDelete