Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Birthday Fun

I am another year older today. I really do have a problem with aging.  I still look young and feel young, but I just hate getting a higher number for my age each year.  Aside from the age thing I had a great day.  It started out with people wishing me a Happy Birthday and then I made myself look all cute and left to go to lunch with some friends.  When I got out to my car and realize some people have attacked my car with window paint and filled my car with balloons.
They must have had inside help and I had no clue till I was running late for lunch.  I ran back inside to get a pin to pop the balloons in the front seat and did a quick job so I could drive to a car wash.  So glad my friends took the pictures while doing it because it didn't look this pretty for me.  It was a damp night and the paint just bleed off the car and the words were not visible. I drove to the car wash down the street.  Paid big bucks to drive through it and realized when the wax coat was being applied the paint had not been washed off at all.  I called my friends to say I would be later for lunch and tried to figure out what to do.  I called the number listed on the wall and talked to some kid who told me I needed to wash my car by hand to get the stuff off.  He said he would put in his code to wash it with the brush...I scrubbed and scrubbed and there is still paint on my car.  Who would have thought?...not me.  Just glad they had fun doing it and it was fun to see these pictures.
Because I was being taken out to dinner from my mom some of my best friends made me lunch and had a really cute cake made for me too.
Brooke did a great job with the cake for sure.  It was super yummy too.  These girls are just awesome.  They all have boys and they were running around the house and yard.  The funniest part was when Sydney's son all of the sudden was naked in the backyard and I jokingly said he was pooping and started to laugh because I thought I was tricking her.  She ran outside and turns out there was a pile of human poop on the ground.  ha ha ha...poor girl had to pick it up like I would pick up my dogs poo on a hike.  It's so funny to watch these girls as mothers.  Someday it will be me when all their kids are grown and they can laugh at me like I do at them, but for now...I'm glad i don't have to pick up my kids poop.
After lunch they gave me presents.  Who doesn't enjoy presents?  The one good thing about turning old is you get presents!  Yeah!!!  One of my presents included going to the spa an hour later for sitting in a dry sauna and a foot bath where you get toxins taken out of you.  I've done the foot bath before and it really is gross to see what comes out...as you'll see in the photos.  Just know the water starts off clear.  I wish I would have known I was about to sweat it out because I wouldn't have tried to look so cute for lunch.  All turned out well though and I really enjoyed time with my friends.
My mom took me out to dinner.  I chose a place that I have never been to before and well...we weren't impressed.  Kinda disappointed actually.  I think a lot of it had to do with the service and how our server didn't take our order for like an hour after we got there and at the end we had to take our bill to the front because she never returned...and it wasn't even busy.  We were there for 2 hours, but glad I got to try a new place.  I also picked it because I wanted to try sushi and I love wasabi on it.  My brother and mom were like "Rachel that stuff is hot" and I said I know I have had it before, but oh my...I guess I really put a bit on the first piece I tried.  My nose was cleared instantly, but the funny thing was the heat went beyond my nose and the top of my head felt like it was burning.  Went away fast, but I have never felt that before. 
After that I went to FHE...well the end of it and some friends and others went out for Gooeys at the resort and those are always fun times.  It was all in all a really great day filled with tons of birthday wishes and great people who love me. :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Rach!!! That sucks when you go to a restaurant and you get crappy service!!!
    I like spicy stuff, and I love that feeling of your nose getting cleaned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday again. Just think of the number of years as a statement of how much wiser you are. ;) I had fun! I hope you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday pretty girl! You always amaze me...YOU'RE GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete