Sunday, April 10, 2011

I love me some BLOSSOMS!!!

Today is a beautiful day.  It's quite the contrast in comparison to this last week of snow/rain, but mostly snow.  Who would have thought that in April we would continue to get snow?  It is still a  very cold day in Salt Lake City, but it is beautiful...or at least I was able to see the beauty.  I really just love Sundays.  I appreciate what Sundays do for me.  I get to go be spiritually feed, but most of all I love this day of rest. 
This morning I woke up from a really annoying noise of one of my roommates playing Fruit Slice on her phone.  It sounded like someone was breaking glass and no way could I sleep through that.  I walked out of my room with one eye open (that's how I roll in the mornings before my eyes adjust) to go check it out.  There she was laughing on her bed playing this silly game where you slide your finger in spastic motion to slice flying fruit.  Then she asked me if I wanted to go watch The Spokane Word down on Temple Square.  We only had an hour till we needed to be seated, but I got ready fast and we were on our way.  It's just a 30 minute presentation, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  After we walked around the temple for a bit and saw the new, or new to me, model of the Salt Lake City Temple.  It was great.  I saw it a few weeks ago with my dad when he was in town, but she had not seen it yet.  It is done perfectly and shows sections of the interior and then videos of the actual space. 
While walking around Temple Square I noticed many of the trees have blossomed.  I love me some Blossoms!  I think it's one of my favorite times of the year.  I love when the trees come to life with the pretty little flowers and when I come upon a large area with blossoms I get really excited.  I better have plenty of trees that blossom in my future yard. 
Happy Sunday All!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree! Remember when we went to DC back in March of 2009 when the trees where in bloom and it was gorgeous! Loved the blooms! I miss that trip. So much fun. I bet it is gorgeous there as well. Love your guts!

    ReplyDelete